Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Keeping & Eating Leftovers


Current mood: Relaxed, relieved & reclining

It goes without saying that eating babies is not always easy. Finding fresh baby for your recipes can sometimes take hours at a time, like when there is a school trip to the aquarium, and the kindergarten classrooms are all empty (anyone who's ever opened their fridge only to find that it's empty can feel me on that one); or when there is a new security guard at the hospital who wants to know why I'm entering the maternity ward with a knife and fork, and a jar of yellow mustard. These are very frightening, but very real circumstances. Speaking for myself, I am aware that by not swallowing any baby flesh over a period of 2 hours or so, I could very well die of starvation. That is why I always freeze my leftovers, for easy consumption when it seems I may not find a live baby in the near future.

Brian was delicious the first time, but what can beat the convenience of walking less that 30 feet to the kitchen, pushing the REHEAT button on the microwave, and in a few short minutes slurping up some piping hot, chili-cheese, baby brain with out so much as walking outside?

Not much, friend. Not much.

No comments: