Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Mexican Vacation

Current mood: festive

I've always been a big fan of the Aztecs. I heard once that Cortés wrote in one of his letters that his soldiers had captured an Aztec who was getting ready to have a roasted baby for breakfast, and I've been hooked ever since. But a delight swept over me when I saw a story in The Desert Sun that was unmatched by my wildest infant sacrificing dreams. Apparently in Mexico City they found the remains of a small child sacrificed to the war god, Huitzilopochtli. Sweet! Of course I dropped everything I was doing, bought a plane ticket and, hot sauce in hand, ran out here to suck the salsa enriched marrow, out of the bones of a 500 year old mexican baby's skeleton. At least I intended to. With all the press this thing is getting, I couldn't even get close enough to cop a lick off the tibia, let alone run off with the whole tasty thing. Anyway, after a change of attire and autographing some Monsters Inc. memorabilia for a Tijuana cabbie with one kid too many, here I am. This temple isn't anywhere on the map so I figure it's out of the way enough to do my thing and give it up to my main god, Huitzilopochtli!!! You rule Poch. I'm gonna chow down on this enormous 'Jesus Alberto' taco just for you. Now where's my hot sauce?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jack you are terrible and evil but it's great....